Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 60

I went to my happy place today.
It's a few miles from here, 
and has endless places to walk, 
water to look at NOT swim in,
and when there isn't a pandemic, a place where Daisy and I can get coffee.
She prefers water, but likes to pretend she's having coffee.



By 'eck it was good to be back.
Last time I was there was in February.
Daisy was beside herself with joy,
though to be fair, most things fill her with joy,
it's part of being a dog apparently.

I'm struggling with the cold after my swims at the moment.
The temperature has dropped dramatically this week, 
and I could really do with spending longer swimming, 
if I'm to complete the challenge before Christmas.

The thing is I know what to do when I swim in cold water.
My body tells me when it's time to get out.
In an ideal world, I should be out before my body starts to tell me.
I know to get changed quickly;
lots of layers, socks and hat, and a warm drink as soon as possible.
I have my dryrobe to complete the ensemble and the 'swamp-look' is complete.
It's not quite a fashion statement, but close.



The trouble is, I've lost the rhythm a bit.
I cleared out my swim bag at the start of self-isolation,
and the things I need are in several different places instead of one.
I just need to take some time to gather it all together again,
to remember what I know,
and to get back in the swim of it again.

Sound familiar?
This week has been a struggle.
Extremes of highs and lows, with a few triggers thrown in for good measure.
A 'trigger' is something that affects my mental health, that I wasn't expecting. 
It often comes from nowhere, and is usually completely unconnected to anything, and unexplainable.
You can have firm boundaries, but triggers get through the net unannounced.

Again I know what to do.
I have an armoury of things to help me.
Sometimes they do, sometimes they don't.

Ephesians 6 tells us to put on the full armour of God.
"And after you have done everything, to stand..."
God has provided for us in ways we can't even begin to imagine,
even,
especially, at times like these.

Stand, sit, kneel in his presence.
Listen to all he has for you.
Trust him.
He's got this.
And you.
And me.

Lots of love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend