Testosterone Towers stays home - Day 51

Sorry I'm late, we've been to Nandos.
Joel and Nathan did a food shop today, and cooked dinner a la Nandos.
It had everything: two flavours of chicken, halloumi, rice, salad, fries and onion rings.
Very cheeky.
No, I've no idea why Nandos is cheeky either.



It reminded me that we've been learning new culinary skills during lockdown.
Over the last few years, due to illness, I've gradually off-loaded my responsibilities as Head Chef of Testosterone Towers.
Chris more or less assumed that role; but we all take a turn.
Ryan now makes yorkshire puddings from scratch. 
We'd forgotten how much we love toad-in-the-hole.
Chris even made soup yesterday.
I know!
Joel can turn his hand to most things, as he studied catering for a while,
and Nathan is expanding his repertoire, while perfecting his signature dish of eggs any style, with bacon cooked to perfection.

It's good to try new things.
If you feel like it, obviously, not from the 'if you haven't written that novel during lockdown you lack discipline' point of view.
(Calm down and have some cake.)

The last few weeks I've been pointed towards new songs.
When I say new, I mean post 2000...
Just kidding!

During a period of intense grief in 2012, I woke every morning with a song.
Not literally, but something would be playing in my head, almost as if God was waking me with it.
That has continued to this day, and God amazes me with his playlist.
The songs, I believe, are there for a reason.
They speak to my heart and my soul.

Over the last few days I've been thinking about Psalm 96.
Sing to the Lord a new song.
I love old songs.
I remember the lyrics for years.
But I wonder if God is pointing us to something new?
A new experience of him?
A fresh expression?

As we face the days ahead, it's tempting to find refuge in the familiar,
and to replicate the things we're missing.
But I believe God creates, and recreates. 
We need only look outside at the moment to see that.
It's easy to miss if we're not careful.

So come on, what's your song today?
Have we got the courage to sing it loud and proud?
All together now...

Lots of love xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend