Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 57

I washed my hair today.
It's noteworthy for two reasons:

1. I haven't used shampoo or products on my hair for over eight weeks now,
so yes, I did use an egg.

2. I tweeted this yesterday at 3.30pm,

"A few days ago I was ready for anything.
Today I'm eating too much chocolate,
can't remember when I last washed my hair,
and wondering if it's too early to go to bed.
Please tell me I'm not the only one."

I wasn't, as it turned out. 
Lots of us are experiencing extremes - for me it's emotional or energy levels,
but whatever yours are, it's normal!

One of the first things I was invited to when we arrived in Harlow,
was a gathering of women clergy in the area.
They call themselves 'Ladies wot lunch', and we meet to eat and pray together.

Today we met on Zoom.
I wasn't sure about it at first, as I thought it might be weird.
But after we'd got the 'number of funerals we'd done recently' competition out of the way,
(I lost), it was so good to be together.

Usually we chat a bit;
the Anglicans translate their conversation for me and the Baptist minister;
then we pray.

And that's it.
That's the moment of connection;
when the Holy Spirit draws us together, and enables us to talk properly; 
listen, and bring each other before the throne of grace.

Someone intuitively prayed for me after I'd shared a bit,
that this could be a time when my reflectiveness, would be 'an invaluable gift to the church'.
My spirit leapt, as I recognised the truth of that.

Being reflective in a church that's known for it's activism, 
sometimes makes me feel like I'm walking to the beat of a different drum,
than those around me.
That's not always comfortable, easy or pleasant, 
but is something I've learned to embrace, and love about myself in recent years.
(Hence the rapidly fading mermaid streaks in my hair.)



Through it all I think it's important to remember who God is,
and who we are because of him. 
It's not really about us after all, but God.
He uses who we are to show his grace to the world.

So I don't like show-offs, but I quite like weirdos.
All kindred spirits raise your hands, and embrace your weirdness.

Lots of love xx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend