Testosterone Towers stays home - Day 47

Saturdays in lockdown are not my favourite.
I miss Team Pants.
I miss the lake.
I miss normality.

I feel bad as I type that.
I know how fortunate I am.
Nevertheless...

We went for a walk in the woods, and as we got home, I realised I couldn't find my phone.
I'd been looking forward to a long swim.
The water has been cold in the rain this week, so I haven't been able to stay in very long.
I got straight into the water, while Chris retraced our steps looking for my phone.
I did half an hour!
My longest swim for months, and 825 metres. Boom!

However, Chris returned empty-handed and I had no option but to cancel my SIM.
Only I could lose my phone during lockdown.
I felt angry with myself, and a little tearful.
I know.

Nathan was doing his work-out in the garden.
I heard him answer his phone, a little breathless as he was mid-set,
(I don't know what that means either.)
"It's my Mum's!"

Rejoice with me, for that which was lost has been found.
A man who identified himself as a short, bald bloke with two big dogs,
met Chris on the corner and was thrilled to reunite me with my phone.
He'd found it a few hours earlier, but my security worked as it should, and he could only access it as there were so many missed calls from Nathan which they were able to return.
Ten minutes later, my SIM was re-activated.
So today turned out better than I first thought.

I was sent a recording this week of my future daughter-in-law singing with her sister.
'You're a good, good Father, it's who you are...
And I'm loved by you, it's who I am...'

I've been playing it over and over on a loop in my head today.
Saturdays are still not my favourite.
But I feel loved.
Cherished.
Understood.

Lots of love x


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend