Testosterone Towers stays home - Day 53

The 75th Anniversary of VE Day.
Bank Holiday Friday, just in case you weren't already confused as to what day it is.

I felt a bit achy when I woke this morning and wasn't sure why for a moment;
until I remembered I'd had a moonlit dip just before 10pm last night.


The Supermoon over Harlow

It's something I have done in the past with my Secret Mermaids group,
and although I'd rather be swimming with them in a lake, 
I took the opportunity to advertise my sponsored swim, and got some extra donations.

Testosterone Towers paused at 11am for the two minutes silence.
As I watched the footage of the children who were evacuated,
I found it quite moving to remember people who had attended our churches over the years,
who had been among their number.

So I made some coffee,
grabbed the phone and the visitors book,
and rang some of the older members of our congregation.
What a blessing they are.
Such a wealth of wisdom, stoicism, and humour.

A bit later I finished Margaret Silf's book, Soul Journey. She writes, 
"The journey will only proceed as it should if it is an intergenerational undertaking, 
with each generation contributing fully to the challenge - 
fully empowered, fully supported, fully trusted and fully respected"
On this day of all days, it feels right to acknowledge, and be grateful for the older generation.

The rest of the day has featured a 950m swim,
afternoon tea, and we're looking forward to a BBQ later.
I also had a video chat with a friend I met when I was 14, and moved with my family from Liverpool to London.
Thank the Lord for social media, and the gift of reconnection.

Tomorrow brings news about my swim, and a Weekend/Birthday challenge I'm going to do.
I could tell you today, but why should Boris be the only one to keep us all in suspense?

Hope you've had a good day.
Lots of love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend