Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 73

My hair-straighteners broke today.
As if life isn't difficult enough...

I'm joking of course.
Not about them breaking, they did.
But that it can be compared to the difficulties of the present time.

They'd had a good innings.
I think I bought them about 67yrs ago.
Chris often refers to them as my curling tongs,
which gives you some clue of how old they are.

They'd done half the job they were required to do, before they gave up the ghost.
Which made for an interesting hairstyle choice for the day.
But the time has come to draw a line.
I'm happy to do that,
I won't be complaining,
or claiming the CEO of Babyliss should be held accountable.

Isn't it hard though when things don't play out the way they should?
I believe in grace.
I believe in mercy.
I believe in forgiveness.
But that doesn't mean I should accept everything.

I try not to hold on to the anger though, 
because when I do, the only person who gets hurt is me.
And perhaps my family.

As I swim in the cool of the evening I look forward to the water encompassing me,
and washing away my stresses.
I'll pray when I can, for the situation.
I will not, however be drawing a line with waterproof pens.
I'm not quite ready for that yet.

I hope you've had a good day.
Lots of love xx






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend