Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 59

Last night I dreamt I went to the hairdressers again.
You can have 10 points if you can tell me where that misquote comes from.
Sadly it wasn't true, and I woke to find my mermaid streaks are still fading.
But as dreams go it was quite a nice one.

Today has been a bit of a mish-mash.
I spent some time at the hall, helping to put threatening messages on the clothing bank.
People have been leaving stuff/fly-tipping, 
as it understandably hasn't been emptied since the pandemic began.
Next step will be to put a big face-mask round it and declare it contagious.
I'll keep you posted.

When the pandemic began, I felt it important to take the long-view.
It was no use getting caught up in things we couldn't sustain.
What that means now, is we're able to look rationally at the needs of the community,
and respond where we can.

People are becoming increasingly vulnerable, socially and economically,
which is triggering all sorts of other issue.
There are ongoing problems which means our role is evolving all the time.
I quite like it that way.

Headline news last night, was that the lake I swim in had re-opened.
I had my first proper outdoor swim since the 16th March.
It was lush.
Back to the paddling pool today though.
At 14 degrees it was colder than the lake, and after a half-hour swim, 
it took me a few hours to get warm again. 

I had a long chat with the media department about my fundraising swim this afternoon,
which reminded me again of why I thought it was a good idea to swim 21 miles, 
in all weathers, while tethered to the washing line.
That, and the things I've been involved in today, with people suffering trauma of many kinds.
It's a broken world out there, and people need help more than ever.

So that's it for today.
The answer to the quiz question is of course 'Rebecca' by Daphne du Maurier.
One of my favourites.
I might tell you why another time...

Hope you've had a good day.
Lots of love xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend