Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 55

Part of me was dreading my birthday yesterday.
We usually make quite a lot of birthdays in Testosterone Towers.
We take the day off if we can;
often go to the cinema,
or to the sea,
and eat out in the evening.

A lockdown birthday held none of the 'normal' but it was lovely just the same.
I swam three times - 52 minutes in total, one for every year.
I also completed a swimming challenge I'd set myself in honour of VE Day and my birthday;
2.4km later, and I'd swum the distance from Alcatraz to San Francisco.
Time for cake. 
Lots of cake.

Today's Zoom gathering was very relaxed.
We shared, we prayed, we read scripture.
We talked, we laughed, we had cake.
Well I did...

We considered the lilies of the field,
the birds of the air,
and remembered that God has it all in hand, 
even though things may not turn out as we planned or hoped.

I think weekends in lockdown are hard for people.
We miss being connected.
It's hard to keep perspective, especially today as we await the announcement from Boris.

'Instead, be concerned above everything else with the Kingdom of God 
and with what he requires of you, 
and he will provide you with all these other things. 
So do not worry about tomorrow; it will have enough worries of its own. 
There is no need to add to the troubles each day brings.'
Matthew 6:33-34
GNB

I'm praying for us all.
Lots of love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend