Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 62

I declared today, 'Paint like a toddler' day, in Testosterone Towers.
It's a day when, should you wish, you put small pools of paint on a piece of card,
take out your brushes and sponges,
and start painting.

There's no plan,
no design, 
no sense of what it will become,
you just put paint onto paper and let your mind take you, 
and your brushes, where it will.

It's one of my favourite things to do when I need some clarity.
The other residents of the Towers are not quite so keen.

I love the process of creating.
It often leads me to prayer;
reflection, and scripture.

I'm not good at design;
of coming up with ideas, but this I can do.
I'm happy to go with the flow.
To make something beautiful, to me,
of a few random splodges.

I'm reminded that the God I know, and love is a creator.
Scripture says I, and you too, am the crown of his creation.
Sometimes I need to remember that God alone knows what tomorrow holds.
He may not share the plan, or strategy with us,
but he is the one who gives strength for today,
and hope for tomorrow.

So do you fancy getting the paints out?
Go on!
Make something unique,
beautiful,
precious.
Just like you.

Lots of love xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend