Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 74

I can't believe it's Friday again.
May is usually my favourite month of the year,
with it's Bank Holidays at the beginning and end of it,
and a few celebrations thrown in for good measure.

This May seems to have gone in a flash,
and we are sat, dazed, wondering where the days went.

Last Sunday we took up the challenge to do something new this week.
My 'new thing' has mainly involved the media, who have picked up the story of my Channel swim.
The publicity has taken off and has involved lots of calls and emails,
and some media training ready for Sunday.
I'm hoping that all the extra work will pay off, in terms of funds raised for our church at Harlow.
Please sponsor me if you can!
It's not about me after all.


Today's highlights have mainly involved making calls.
A few this morning were on the phone -
pastoral conversations, and sharing in worship and prayer.
Then this afternoon visiting colleagues who have become friends.

Isn't it wonderful when you feel heard and understood?
These lock-down days have proved to be isolating for many people.
For us at times, it's not only physically, but also in terms of leadership.
Over the last few days, there have been conversations that have helped us, and encouraged us.
They were desperately needed, and I'm grateful for those who took the time.

It's Pentecost this weekend, and as I shared in worship this morning,
I was reminded that God doesn't just see the needs of the group,
but the Spirit separated and came to rest on each of them. (Acts 2)

We may feel tired and misunderstood,
but God has a way of drawing everything together.
He sees.
He knows.
He loves.



Hope you've had a good one.
Lots of love xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend