Testosterone Towers stays home -Day 50

I had a lovely chat with my editor this afternoon.
I've always wanted to say that!
Well when I say 'my', I mean he's the editor of Salvationist, who just happens to edit my blog for use in that publication.
But a girl can dream.

Today has been filled with moments of joy.
Regular readers may recall that yesterday I was trying to put things in place that would enhance well-being: our own, and that of our team.
I didn't actively seek joy today, but it kind of found me, and there were things that made me smile or giggle to myself.

The first thing was a doorstep 'pastoral visit'. I use the term loosely, as it was also her birthday, and involved Chris and I singing Happy birthday very loudly from a distance, and then getting a bit closer to pray together. These doorstep visits might just catch on.

We took Daisy with us too.
Not so much for her singing abilities or pastoral gifts, but because we passed Harlow Town Park on the way back, and took the opportunity to walk her somewhere different.
They say you never really appreciate what's on your doorstep,
and I'd forgotten how beautiful the local park is, particularly the trees at this time of year.

The final thing that brought me immense joy, and a little giggle,
 was arranging my 'office' for a Zoom meeting.
I may or may not have deliberately moved some books so they were behind me.
Bookshelves on Zoom have their own Twitter account after all...
My 'office' may or may not have been our bedroom, with a very precise camera angle.



And finally my spirit leapt within me as I joined the Pioneer Network gathering again this afternoon.
Some of my favourite moments were the swimming pool references, particularly being challenged to stop flapping around in the 'shallow end', but to go into the deep end.

Oh the irony as I prepare to do today's tethered swim in my freshly cleaned and prepared paddling pool.

Your grace abounds in deepest waters
Your sovereign hand
Will be my guide
Where feet may fail and fear surrounds me
You've never failed and You won't start now
So I will call upon Your name
And keep my eyes above the waves
When oceans rise, my soul will rest in Your embrace
For I am Yours and You are mine
Words and Music by Matt Crocker, Joel Houston & Salomon Lightelm

Here's a link if you fancy a listen

https://youtu.be/6GGFb6LcX3U

Lots of love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend