Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 75

Well, I wasn't expecting that when I got up this morning.
Salvation Army officers are often thrown in at the deep end.
Not literally, obvs,
unless you're on holiday with annoying boys.

I'm sorry/not sorry that I keep bleating on about my fundraising swim,
but it's taken on a life of it's own this week.
This is mainly due to the lovely Chloe,
who got in touch with me as part of a Community PR Initiative,
and has been publicising it, and the work of Harlow Salvation Army.

It started gently.
A few emails here and there with links to websites that had printed the story.
On Thursday Global Radio wanted a pre-recorded interview.
Note to self - when recording in your bedroom, under your dressing gown,
add a bit of light and shade to your voice.
It was at the end of the news bulletins on Heart Essex this morning,
and sounded like I was reading the shipping forecast.

This afternoon, I was suddenly invited as a guest on to BBC Essex radio.
It. Was. Live.
I know!
If you want to listen I'm about 3.15 on the Sat aft programme.
Because I'm technically challenged, I have no idea how to link you to it.

And tomorrow?
Tomorrow, BBC Anglia are sending a camera for the evening news.
What a time for my straighteners to break...

The thing is, my brain has gone into overdrive today.
Thoughts ranging from I'll be rubbish to I'll say the wrong thing and do untold damage.
I rang The Salvation Army media dept for advice.
They sent me some tips, but the key thing he said was,
'Just be yourself.'

Yeah right.

I made lots of notes.
I stuck post-its everywhere.
I went over and over those notes, and guess what?
I didn't need them.
Not one.

















Turns out, being myself was ok after all.
I know!

It's easy to weigh yourself in the balance and find yourself wanting.
But people generally just want you for you.
Not what you believe you are lacking.

We are who we are, because that's what God intended.

'Your playing small does not serve the world...
 We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us...
 And as we let our own light shine, 
we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same.'

Marianne Williamson

Lots of love xx
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend