Testosterone Towers stays home - Day 49

Mondays are usually our day off.
Today however, I decided to put a few meetings in place to help us deal with the current situation and the days and weeks ahead.

I have a growing concern for Key-Workers.
There are the obvious ones for those who work in the NHS or as carers.
Then there are the others who, along with us, are viewed as essential workers, though it may not be obvious at first glance.
As they are working in the local community, often harder and with longer hours than pre-covid19,
I'm conscious that the experience of lockdown differs greatly from person to person.

I guess I'm concerned that as restrictions change or lift,
those who have been unable to work will be chomping at the bit and raring to go;
and Key-Workers will be collapsed in a heap, rocking quietly in a corner.
Or maybe that will just be me?
In that case, please send coffee.
And cake.
And a pillow and blanket.

Today's meetings ended in tears;
(Mine)
and relief.
(Mine again, and I think Lorraine's too.)
As we talked about ways we could work and maintain our well-being, there were real moments of connection, understanding and the sense of being a team.
The tears came because I have reached the stage of
"Please don't be nice to me or I'll cry".

As I returned home for the other two meetings I was dead chuffed with myself.
Or as I said to Chris, "I know I've been a long time, but I think you'll be pleased!"
He was.
We'd achieved loads in those two hours.
We'd even completed a survey for THQ. I know!
And so I could receive from God in the meetings that followed.

I rested in the presence of God.
I was reminded of the deep, deep love of Jesus; vast, unmeasured, boundless, free.
I was challenged as I tuned in (late), to the Pioneer Network gathering.
And heard again the truth that there is no human culture in existence that the Holy Spirit cannot break into.
I knew that, but sometimes I forget.

I hope you've had a good day.
Today marks the end of week 7 in lockdown.
We're still here, still speaking, still laughing.

Lots of love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend