Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 56

We had a little family outing to Chelmsford today.
Not because we were disregarding the Stay at Home guidance,
but because we needed two cars, and some muscle, to collect food donations from the Regional Food Hub.
I then helped sort food out at the hall for a while.
Not because Lorraine couldn't do it herself, 
but because sometimes a routine job is what is required, 
and today was one of those days.

The pool temperature was 12 degrees this morning.
It was nice of the weather to change, so that it resembled the conditions of the English Channel.
Did I mention I've upgraded my swim from 10k to 21 miles? 
A Channel swim in a paddling pool in Essex...
I'm about halfway there, so it's still a bit daunting at the moment.

As my body reacted to the extreme temperature,
I was reminded of the way life changes so quickly at the moment.
One day I'm basking in 20 degrees, and the next, the water temp has dropped by 8 degrees.

A similar thing happened overnight,
as family members made a tough decision about a big celebration. 
I think in some ways it was a relief, as the decision was taken out of their hands by the venue.
It was definitely the right decision;
but it's a bit sad nonetheless.
We all feel for them deeply.

I suppose it's another reminder of the flowers of the field, the birds of the air, and the Father who provides.
I'm praying today they know how precious they are to both of their families.
We love you.
We're proud of you.
We'll celebrate your love for each other as soon as we can.

Cwtchs (hugs that are held very tight), are available on request.
Along with food;
your favourite beverage;
and cake. Obvs.

Let the morning bring news of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Psalm 143:8








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend