Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 67

Today is all about Ryan.
Or so he informed me when I asked him for an opening line for this post.
It is his birthday after all.
May is a busy birthday/anniversary month in the Towers,
so we're adjusting to lockdown celebrations.

One of the important things I've learnt to do, in managing my mental health,
is to take each day as it comes.
In the past, a bad day, or few days would freak me out.
I'd panic and imagine the worst.
These days I try and view things a bit more objectively.

The last few days have been tough, and yesterday involved a bit of a meltdown,
but it wasn't the end of the world.
It just meant I had to make adjustments,
be kind to myself,
and go to bed with a clean slate.
Tomorrow is a new day.

Today, by complete contrast, I've been able to work effectively,
spent time with people pastorally,
and even thrown in a bit of admin for good measure.
I don't feel 100% but it's ok.

I'm looking forward to us all being together when work is done today.
We're having a curry, and the marshmallows are ready for the firepit.
Happy 26th birthday to my first-born.



Lots of love xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend