Testosterone Towers stays at home-Day 58

I had an omelette today.
A couple of eggs and some butter,
then add whatever you like.
I decided to add flour and sugar.
Ok it was cake.
I ate cake.

Today I felt beaten (egg pun) before I started.
As I was cleaning my teeth I thought,
“Yesterday you were a gift to the church,
today you’re a big, fat let-down.”

I don’t know what your inner critic is like,
but mine is mean.
Really mean.

I ignored her for a bit and did some work,
until I realised today needed to be a cocooning day.
A day when I take time by myself,
doing things I know fuel my soul,
so I can emerge another day.

So I’ve drunk coffee and ate cake.
I wouldn’t recommend that as an eating plan long-term, but I have cake leftovers from my birthday.
I watched ‘Eat, Pray, Love,’ while colouring;
which ended up being a time of prayer and space with God.
A glimpse again, of the unforced rhythms of grace.

The key for me, to managing my mental health,
is listening to my body, my soul and my spirit.
The world won’t end today if I take some time out.
Everything can wait for a day or two.
Maybe I’m not as important as I think I am.

After I cleaned the pool yesterday,
it’s been set up for me.
A nice long swim should do the trick.

Tomorrow is another day.

Lots of love xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend