Testosterone Towers stays home - Day 48

Are you a morning person or a night owl?
I don't think I'm either really.
I may have a couple of hours around the middle of the day, but I wouldn't swear to it.

Today is National Dawn Chorus day.
so at 8am this morning I went on a virtual walk with my friend Jenny.
It was 5am when she went, but I couldn't manage that, so I caught up later.
It was incredible hearing the birdsong,
seeing the views,
and listening to the lovely Jenny's bird impressions as she identified them for us.

It gave me lovely thoughts about singing a new song etc,
which I shared with the church people on our Zoom meeting.

When we were walking Daisy earlier, we heard some news.
A friend from my teenage years has passed away.
I was trying to explain to the boys how you can rarely see someone,
hardly ever communicate with them,
but they are still really precious to you.

We used to sing together in the choir at my home church.
I can remember her helping me learn the words to some songs before a weekend away;
our shared love of singing with the young people's choir;
and her singing with her sisters was 'Priceless', as the joke went.

We went to Chicago together,
prayed together,
and got engaged within weeks of each other.

We were friends who hardly spoke,
but there was such joy when we bumped into each other at 'big Army events'.
Roots especially.

So my song for today is more of a lament.
I won't pretend that wave after wave of bad news isn't affecting us.
It is.

At the same time, I'm so grateful she was my friend.
Her influence in my life goes far beyond the few short years we attended the same church.
She embodied Jesus' words in Matthew 5 about being a light for all to see.
She glowed God.

I'm praying for her husband, her adult children, her Mum, her brother and sisters,
and those who had the blessing of having her in their life.

'Na night. God bless. See you in the morning.'

Lots of love xx



                                                         Sunrise over the sea of Galilee

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend