Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 76

I wore make-up today.
As members of The Salvation Army will know,
when you wear uniform, you get really good at putting on make-up so it looks natural,
as in the old days you weren't allowed to wear any.
Rimmel Heather Shimmer lippy was perfect in the '80's, 
as it gave you a bit of colour, without being obvious.

We had a Zoom gathering this morning, which was lovely.
It feels odd celebrating Pentecost separately,
so it was good to connect and pray for each other.

Then it was a quick change for my appointment with Anglia TV.
Hence the make-up...
It takes effort to make it look as if you're not wearing any.
Smoke and mirrors and all that.

I made sure I was wearing an Army hoody,
holding a water-bottle with the logo,
and even attached my brooch to my costume for the swimming footage.
It made us smile anyway.

I've never worn uniform as much as I have in the pandemic.
Gerald Coates prophesied to The Salvation Army in the early 90's,
and part of that was that we would know when to wear our uniform,
and when to leave it off.
That's always resonated with me.

I've always been of the mind that no matter what we wear,
who we are shines through anyway,
positively or negatively.
So I won't be ordering a Salvation Army swimsuit just yet.

The posts of the last few days seem to be a variation on a theme.
People who glow God, are a wonder to behold.
Our true colours shine through, in spite of, and sometimes because of, our circumstances.
In being who we are created to be, God is glorified.

'Let your light shine before people... 
so that they will see... 
and glorify your Father in heaven.'
Matthew 5:16


Lots of love xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend