Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 19

I woke this morning thinking about life’s big questions.
Like, when did we start cascading emails?
I miss the days when we could just forward them without an interpretive dance.
The number of cascading emails is unprecedented...

Anyway
I decided to take this weekend off.
This is a bit of a novelty for me,
as Corps Officers we only get six weekends off per year.
We only work on Sundays after all.
I felt like I needed a bit of respite from everything.

Nathan cooked bacon and egg for brunch,
then we clapped our key worker off the premises.
We took Mum for a walk with us via WhatsApp.
I made the word Hosanna on the grass with sticks.
It was something I’d suggested on our church worship sheet,
but it proved a bit tricky, as Daisy really, really wanted to help.
Well when I say help, she wanted to run off with the sticks.

It was good to pause.
To be thankful.
To share and remember all we have.

It’s been a struggle to switch off if I’m honest.
I usually go to the cinema,
or for a long walk,
or swim.
None of these is available at the moment.

So I sat in the garden and read for a bit.
Sent a video to some friends for their anniversary;
Then did some colouring while watching Mary Poppins.
One of my best friends has just phoned.
It’s so uplifting to hear her voice.
That thing where you don’t have to explain.
She just knows.

The day draws to a close.
Let the morning bring me news of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Psalm 143:18

Lots of love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend