Testosterone Towers stays at home -Day 38

“I'll do chicken in breadcrumbs and chips tonight so you and dad don't have to do anything x”

That text brought me to tears this morning.
Not because I wanted to cook. I didn’t.
Not because I wanted something a bit more healthy. I don’t.
Just because the sender was saying, in the best way he knew, that he loved us and wanted to do something to help.

It’s been a tough time for news lately, and this morning’s was no exception, so we wait and pray.
I think it’s everyone’s reality at the moment.

We had two ‘visits’ planned for this morning.
They were a pleasure to do, for the look of surprise,
but I don’t half miss hugs. And coffee. Obviously.

We took Daisy with us,
not because she’s particularly good at pastoral care,
she can be quite self-absorbed;
But because we thought she, and we, 
would enjoy a different place to walk.


















Putting ourselves in the way of beauty helped for a while.
Chris has gone to the hall to do finance for the first time since he was ill, 
and since one of the finance team died a few weeks ago.

We’re grateful that God is our refuge and strength.
I’m resting with Him for a few hours.
I've had two swims in the pool, and I need to put my glad-rags on later
for my niece’s 16th birthday ‘party’.
Isn’t technology a life-saver at the moment?
Happy birthday Bethany! We love you x

Lots of love x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend