Testosterone Towers stays home - Day 23

Today has been a well-being kind of day.
Yesterday was quite full, and culminated with me completing the worship sheet for Easter weekend.
I'm not a last-minute person when it comes to sermon/worship preparation, but a lot of it happens on walks and swims. Then I write the material, but it is subject-to-change at any point up to or during the service itself.
I struggled with getting started, but it flowed quite easily once I got writing.
By early evening it was all done, and emailed to our wonderful tech lady who worked her magic and makes it ready for printing and posting online.

Having completed that yesterday, today I felt a real sense of relief.
When we prepare worship it's only half the story, as we still have the natural pressure that comes in delivering it in a service. That pressure has completely gone, and I'm not used to it.
But I quite like it.

This morning has been a combination of sharing in worship online,
thank you William Booth College,
of resting and recuperating.
At lunchtime I had a swim in the paddling pool.
After a bit of fine-tuning with the depth and the tether, it was almost a proper swim.
20 mins later I felt more human.
If you want to see how it works you can find it here
https://www.facebook.com/karen.sandford.9/videos/10221565800999602
It ends abruptly due to the camera-man sneezing.

This afternoon I've made some calls, read a bit, and had a treatment by video-call that I have regularly. I felt so much better afterwards.

Testosterone Towers has seemed crowded recently..
Everyone was at home today, and one of it's residents is struggling quite a bit with not seeing loved ones.
It's been over three weeks, and the separation is hard for them.
They are also bored.
We've never been the kind of parents that planned stuff to fill up the time, even as children, but my natural response is to try and help with the boredom.
I can't really. They're adults. They're working it out for themselves.
There's always the option of my craft activities...

Tonight we have a barbecue planned as the sun is shining.
I may also have a moonlit swim as there's a full moon.

Hope your day has gone as well as possible.
Lots of love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend