Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 30

The pool was really cold this morning, even by my standards.
It was in a new venue as we're trying to avoid ruining the grass,
and it's new home doesn't get as much sun.
It was colder than the sea in February.
It was also a bit earlier than usual.
After dealing with some unexpected work stuff, I needed to clear my head before the family meeting.

Testosterone Towers was a tough crowd this morning.
They wouldn't join in with my congratulatory clapping, made a joke of everything, and weren't overly-appreciative of the Lindt chocolate bunny given to each attendee.
We talked through some important stuff; like
1. What take-away we were getting tonight (Dominos as Nathan gets 35% off).
2. How the cooking rota was working out (Joel's doing Sunday, the rest of us as and when.)
and
3. Nathan was appointed bathroom monitor.

If I'm honest, I was a bit tearful afterwards.
As I reminded them, "It's hard living with four men."
Lovely as they are, and they really are, that's a lot of testosterone for one woman to deal with at the best of times.

An hour or so later, the bathroom, kitchen and sitting-room had all been cleaned, mopped and hoovered; and the grass had been strimmed (the lawnmower is broken.)

I didn't intend using my tears for manipulative purposes,
although I may or may not have noted the effect they have...
However you may recall that I spoke of the dam bursting last week,
and since then, tears have never been far from the surface.
I think this is something other people are experiencing too at the moment.
Almost everyone I know struggled at some point over the Easter weekend,
and as we wrestle with grief; our own and those of our friends, or our church; I think tears are healing. Definitely a case of  'better out than in'.

In other news, Chris worked a full day yesterday.
It wasn't intended, but it worked out that way, and he survived!
Apart from feeling a bit weary today, there don't seem to be any ill-effects,
so that means he's getting stronger. Yayyy!

I hope you've had a good one.

Lots of love xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend