Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 28

Easter Monday

I'll let you into a little secret.
I've never been a big fan of Bank Holiday outings.
All that traffic, and having to have fun is exhausting.
So in a way, today has been just the way I like it.

I wrote yesterday about learning new skills during this time.
One thing we've found Chris has learned, is the ability to sleep again.
We may or may not have been giving him a hard time about the fact he was nearing 60.
Old people don't seem to need as much sleep after all, but in truth he's slept poorly for a long time.
Until the virus struck, and now he could sleep for England.
Good job!

It's not a skill I have learned, but every so often my body seems to know it needs a
'return to factory settings'.
In the last 24 hours I have slept for about 16 of them.
I went to bed yesterday for a nap and woke four and a half hours later.
I got up for something to eat, watched TV, then slept for just over 12.
It felt like relief.
There's been a lot of emotion involved over the last few days.

So today I've mainly been asleep,
apart from a swim,
a walk with Mum via video-link,
and baking a cake.

I realised this morning how much I pray while I swim.
As I hit the water, I exclaim to God about the temperature...
Then I'm off;
Spirit of the living God, fall afresh on me.
The difference the pool has made to me is huge.

This is the last day of week 4 since our lockdown began.
I think it may have been the hardest week so far.
The next one will need some fine-tuning I think.
.
Hope you've had a good day.
See you tomorrow.

Lots of love xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend