Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 26

Easter Saturday
The day when God is silent, but not absent.
I woke early again, and recorded a video to send to the church.

Today feels like a gift to us at the moment.
Permission to sit with what is, not what is to come.
A time to sit and be accepting.
We may know the end of the story.
We may be unsure, grieving, scared.
We can't  rush through to the ending just because we think we know.
We sit.
We wait.
We watch.
Believing in the darkness, what we know to be true in the light.

The Towers is quite relaxed today.
The sunshine definitely helps.
We have time.

Last night we had a family quiz which my niece arranged via Messenger.
Ryan's knowledge of Disney was only equalled by Chris's recall of TV theme tunes.
It was great to see everyone, even though we came second;
we were robbed...

As that went so well, I took a deep breath and explored the world of Zoom.
All this stuff scares me a bit, but I'm going to have to embrace it.
So far I've written and prepared 'Wonder-full Worship' which has been posted or emailed to church members, and anyone who's asked for a copy.
There's a wealth of stuff on the internet for church services and the like.
I don't think it needs me to add to it with my poor attempts at videoing myself.
But God seems to be using those paltry efforts in ways I hadn't foreseen.
Funny that.

Our people are craving connection however, so I've scheduled a 'Zoom meeting' for Easter morning with anyone who can link up.
At the very least we can say Hi, but hopefully we can share a little bit of worship and prayer together.

For today, we take a moment to pause and let our hearts remember.

'But all those who knew him, including the women who had followed him from Galilee,
stood at a distance, watching these things,'
(Luke 23:49)

Watching and waiting
looking above,
filled with His goodness,
lost in His love.

See you tomorrow.
Lots of love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend