Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 29



My grandparents lived in a village just outside Bristol.
The village was called Sandford, it was like it was meant to be.
Their bungalow backed onto a wood, and in my head we spent most of our childhood having picnics
and picking wildflowers.
Spring is a special time of year for me.

Today, I felt a bit 27th Decemberish.
That feeling when Christmas is over, and we're wondering what to look forward to now.

I woke early and listened to some music, caught up on my prayer app, and did some colouring.
Those distractions didn't work too well, so I boiled the turkey carcass and made some soup for dinner.
Finally I went in search of beauty.
Daisy and I went on the hunt for bluebells.

We've lived in Harlow for 5yrs now, and I've struggled to find many over the years.
After a tip-off from a local Facebook group, I went to the woods a few minutes from home.
As if by magic, the barren landscape of a few weeks before, had been transformed into
a carpet of blue and green.
It took me six attempts to get hold of my Mum via video-call,
but we walked, and gazed, and shared in the beauty of creation.
It's a family tradition.

Cheryl Strayed writes in her book, 'Wild':
 “There’s always a sunrise and always a sunset and it’s up to you to choose to be there for it,’ said my mother. 'Put yourself in the way of beauty.”

This is the start of our 5th week in lockdown as a family.

Chris developed symptoms, so we were a week ahead of the rest of the country.
I think 'Putting yourself in the way of beauty' will be more and more important as the days go by;
as I'm not expecting restrictions to be lifted anytime soon.

Chris is getting stronger all the time.

He's not quite there yet, but he's making progress;
and as he becomes more active, the pace of my working and family life can slow a little.
It's time to adjust and evolve again.
I'm calling a family meeting tomorrow.
Snacks will be provided.
I'll keep you posted...

Lots of love xx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend