Testosterone Towers stays home - Day 22

I cried today.
Gut-wrenching, proper sobbing.
I read recently that someone had started crying for no reason, and couldn't stop.
It seems a natural reaction to the current situation.

The news we had been expecting since before the weekend, arrived,
and the dam definitely burst.
She was so lovely;
Kind, thoughtful, generous, funny.
Such a loss for her husband; for everyone.

The boys wanted to know what they could do for me.
The kettle was mentioned.
But I set them to work in the shed,
then the garden,
and about an hour later I had a pool to swim in.

Well, when I say pool, it was a paddling pool.
And when I say swim, it was more a lie-down, while waving my arms around,
my tow-float attached to the dog lead, which was tethered to the washing line.
Pictures are available on request.
For a small fee.

But the cold water did what it usually does,
to my body, my mind, and my soul.
It's been three weeks since my last swim.

I thank God that my body does what it does naturally when my mind goes awol;
That I'm fearfully and wonderfully made (Psalm139)
That the God of comfort and compassion never fails me. (2 Cor 1:3)

See you tomorrow
Lots of love xx





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend