Testosterone Towers Stays Home - Day 45

The pool today was colder than the sea in February.
I tried to imagine I was there:

Swimming off Battery Rocks, Penzance;
St Michael's Mount a stone's throw away,
the sun on my face...

Then there was a gust of wind and I remembered I was in a paddling pool in Essex,
and it was 12 degrees.

I do seem to have a knack of making things difficult for myself;
eg. setting myself a swimming challenge as the temperature drops,
the wind picks up,
and April showers start with a vengeance.

I've been doing admin for fundraising all day.
The Salvation Army, who I am part of, have lost a lot of their income during the pandemic,
at a time when the need for our work in the community has increased.
Locally in Harlow, our charity shop is closed, and none of the activities that generate income are able to take place.
It's the same the world over.

I've never been good at asking for financial support for our work, so I've always left it to Chris, but I'm pleased to have set up two pages on Just Giving to support the work the team does in Harlow.
The hardest part was finding photos, but with a bit of help, and a lot of time on Facebook, I think we've got enough.
Hopefully I can hand the finance back to Chris now.
My work here is done.
Apart from swimming 10k tethered to the washing line.
Obvs.

Hope you've had a good one.
Lots of love xx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend