Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 39

Today Testosterone Towers fell silent.
No conversation, or television, or expellations of any kind.
I was home alone for what felt like the first time in living memory.
It lasted for almost two hours as three were at work,
and one fulfilled his occasional voluntary role as chauffeur and bodyguard.
Peace, perfect peace.

After some time revelling in the silence,
swimming and praying, I phoned a lady from the church.
“Would now be a good time to read the worship sheet to you?”
When lockdown began, we knew online worship would not be the best thing for our church.
We have a lot of people with no access to the internet;
And as it turns out, that area is well covered by other churches.

However I only realised this week, that one of our ladies is unable to read the worship sheet,
as her sight is so poor.
So I found myself reading scripture, sharing the message, singing, praying,
and finally, saying the grace together.
What a moment it was.

I’ve always known church isn’t a building,
I pray with people over the phone, often.
But I’ve never shared worship in quite that way before.

Wonder-full Worship lived up to its name.

“I will bless you...and you will be a blessing.”
Genesis 12:2

Noise-full service has since resumed at the Towers.

Lots of love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend