Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 24

Maundy Thursday.
Again another very different day.

I woke early and decided to walk Daisy.
I thought it would be quiet, but the dog-walkers are obviously early risers.
I wanted to do a video for our church, as some of them are unable to get out at all,
so I thought I'd share my walk with them.
That way I don't need to be in front of the camera.
Whenever I think about it, I hear Monica saying "The camera adds 10lbs",
swiftly followed by Chandler, "How many cameras are on you?"
My lock-down-healthy-eating-plan is going really well...

We did some deliveries/visitation too.
It's not quite the same without the cups of coffee and the hugs, and having to stand outside.
I also realised how much we take the local McDonald's for granted.
We have four in Harlow.
Two drive-thrus.
Flat-whites are my favourite.
I miss them.

I watched the last of The Passion today, the BBC version from 2008.
It's so harrowing and moving watching the story unfold.

Tonight is one of my favourite nights of Holy Week.
Well, favourite isn't quite the word I'm looking for, but hopefully you know what I mean.
Our choir usually does the service with song, music, dance and drama.
We'd been rehearsing, and the young people had been learning the drama.
I guess it's one more thing to add to the list of things we'll do once this is over.

I'm looking forward to the silence of the next few days.
The stillness.
The space and time to reflect.
Watch and wait with me?

Richard Rohr Quote: “Prayer is sitting in the silence until it ...

"Stay close by my side. Keep your eyes on me.
 Though this life is hard. I will give you perfect peace"
 (Laura Story)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend