Testosterone Towers stays home - Day 18

I straightened my hair today.
This is notable for two reasons;

1. I can't remember the last time I straightened it.
2. I washed it with an egg yesterday*
*cue uncontrollable hilarity for 5 mins at last night's dinner

Yes I did mean to.
No I didn't crack it on my head
No I haven't run out of shampoo
Yes I did keep the water cool, so I didn't end up with scrambled egg that no-one wanted to eat.

I've been wanting to experiment with not using products on my hair for quite a while;
and the fact that I may or may not have washed it much recently, presented the perfect opportunity.
I let it dry naturally, (again the scrambled-egg risk)
and this morning I woke up to clean, soft, shiny hair.
It's straightened, and I'm wearing lippy and a pink jumper.
I'm thrilled.

Other highlights today included:
1. Walking Daisy in the woods.
2. Making soup: carrot, parsnip and butternut squash.
3. Texting and messaging people on my mind.
4. Delivering some things to church members.
5. The sunshine for a couple of hours.
6. A doorstep/virtual/socialdistance hug and brief chat with one of the people affected by yesterday's news.

The mood in Testosterone Towers is a bit flat today.
Joel is at work, but the rest of us have mainly been working from home.
Or as I read the other day;
we're staying at home, and attempting to work.
Sometimes with greater success than others.
I think that's ok.

All of us, wherever we are, whatever we do, are coming to terms with lost things.
Day after day, more and more people are having to stay home.
It's not easy, but we will adjust, I promise.
If I could offer a tip, it is:

Be kind to yourself.
Treat yourself like you would a close friend.
Hang in there.
God's got this.
And you.

Lots of love xx





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend