A postscript-Day 27

There have been lots of firsts since this began.
I’ve always viewed myself as a lifelong learner,
but these few weeks have been a steep curve.

After a late lunch I popped upstairs for a nap.
Four and a half hours later I woke up.
I think it was relief.
Plus the fact that I was in the garden with the dawn chorus.

I know today has been hard for lots of people.
I also think it’s taken people by surprise;
the emotion,
the tears,
the wistful longing for home, even though that’s where we’ve been all day.

As today draws to a close, I remind myself that Jesus has risen.
It really is finished.
Weeping endures for a night,
a week,
a month...
But Joy?
Joy is on its way.
We’ll see it in the morning

Much love my friends xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend