Testosterone Towers stays at Home - Day 37

Hands up if you spent some time in the last few evenings staring up at the night sky?
A few of us in Testosterone Towers have enjoyed the spectacle of the Starlink.
The first night we were a little disappointed as it was travelling slowly and more spaced-out than expected. (No pun intended.)
We did wonder if, as key workers, we could pop out somewhere with less light-pollution, for the purposes of an interactive Bible Study of  Psalm 8:3-4?
Considering the heavens and all that...
We decided we were probably pushing our luck, and it didn't fall into the category of essential travel.
It was much clearer last night though, and a joy to behold.
It also brought opportunity for much hilarity as two of the TT residents decided to lie in wait
for the one returning from a late-shift at work.
It was very, very funny apparently;
more for the two who were lying in wait, than the one returning.
I wouldn't know as I was asleep.

Today has involved me helping at the Foodbank, after popping to Morrisson's to pick up the donation of non-perishables they generously make every week.
As a coffee-lover, I was thrilled to be offered a free coffee of my choice as we waited there.
It tasted like I imagine nectar must.
Flat-white, how I've missed you.

When I say I was 'helping' at the Foodbank, I was probably more of a distraction, and getting in people's way. Lorraine, our Centre Co-ordinator is very kind and patient with me, but she has it all running like a well-oiled machine, and I've never been properly trained, so am probably more of a hindrance than a help.
I did take her a coffee though, so every cloud...

I enjoyed a lunch-time swim. The pool has been relocated to a sunnier spot, which means I can swim for longer, and warm up more quickly. My fitbit is very encouraging and tells me how many metres I've swum, so that's nice.

The worship sheet for the weekend after next is now complete. I know!
I needed to get ahead, to make sure that it's ready for printing earlier in the week, to take account of the postal delays for those that aren't delivered by hand.

All in all, a good day.
Hope you've had a good one, and thank you for joining me in prayer yesterday, if you did.

Lots of love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend