Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 16

Today has been quite an eventful one;
starting from the moment we remembered Ryan was back at work, as we heard the door slam on his way out. It was a bit loud, but I've kinda missed it.

Those who know us well, will know that over the last few years, my main church responsibilities have been worship and pastoral care.
Since Chris became ill, just over two weeks ago, I've been thrown headlong into new situations.
New in the sense that, though I'd done them in the past, Chris is the one that usually deals with a lot of the practical, community stuff. It works for us, and we have an amazing Centre-Coordinator who has been helping me re-connect with stuff I'd forgotten.

I'd planned to go to the hall today as Foodbank was on.
It had been fairly quiet last week so, while I wasn't needed to help,
I could sort out some of the practicalities of getting the 'Wonder-full Worship' sheet out to the church.

I was grateful today that it's not what you know, but who you know.
I needed some underwear and socks for a homeless man, so I popped to Asda.
I was so grateful that they recognised me, even though I had my letter of authority.

"I'm Karen Sandford." (blank look).
"I've got a letter." (blank look)
"I'm Joel's Mum."
(Waved through with a smile and a welcome)
I love Asda.

I'm told Food Bank was the busiest ever today.
We're running low on a few staples now, and may have to do a shop.
Once the rush was over we had a lunch-meeting, and I offered to share my jar of marmite and peanut-butter. It was declined.

As I began to feel my energy dropping, like a balloon with a slow-puncture, I realised I needed to come home.
I explained to a friend earlier, usually when I come to preparing worship, my head has plenty to draw from as it's my main area of attention.
As my brain is adjusting to being pulled in different directions,
I find it harder to focus on what usually comes naturally;
nevertheless, the worship still needs preparing

So the remainder of the day is for rest.
'Be still and know that I am God,' is the only answer for me.
That, and maybe some chocolate...

Lots of love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend