Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 32

I went to bed early last night,
and woke this morning with a sore throat, headache and general aches and pains.
I decided to isolate myself as much as possible today as we played the 
‘Is it or isn’t it?’ game.
From what I hear it’s played throughout the world at the moment.
You’ve probably played it too,
with every cough and splutter, and occasional sneeze.

After a morning of drifting in and out of sleep, 
while listening to Wuthering Heights being read to me,
I remembered that I was expecting a call.
There started a trail of conversations via text, phone and video call,
that lasted for the rest of the afternoon.

All kinds of people in all kinds of situations;
Grief or joy, 
Furloughed or working from home,
Key-workers or  completely isolated.

Life goes on, it seems, even though the things we cling to have all but disappeared.
What does God have to say to us amid it all?
I believe he meets us where we are.
Right now.

I know.
I’m here.
I love you.
Never forget. 
Trust me.

Maybe we need to take a few moments to hear him,
and to let our hearts remember.

Hope you’ve had a good day.
Normal service will be resumed soon.
Lots of love xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend