Testosterone Towers stays home - Day 21

On this day in history I usually have a retreat day.
It's a movable feast, in terms of the date, but it's always the Monday before Easter.
I like to spend the day reflecting on the week ahead, Holy Week;
and it's important for me to spend time alone with God,
at the start of this week of all weeks.
So, Testosterone Towers, that lesser-known retreat centre, was my venue for the day.

I'll be honest with you, I didn't feel great when I woke today.
I often find that to be the case when I go on retreat.
Almost as if it's there when I most need it.
Funny that.

The weekend had been tricky.
Leadership is hard.
I'm well aware of that.
Over the past few months I've been reflecting on the phrase,
'The Priesthood of all believers.'
The fact that as a church, we all have a part to play.

I think I'm quite good at emphasizing the importance of team;
of encouraging, and empowering people to do what they do best.
But sometimes it's hard not to get caught up in the comparison game;
to see what others are doing, and feel like I'm failing.

I needed the space today to have my Lion King moment;
that point in the film when Mufasa comes to Simba in his despair and says;
"Remember who you are."
Bearing the image of the Father is something I can do.
My leadership, my ministry, my life may not look like anyone else's;
I'm ok with that most of the time.
And when I forget, scripture says
'Do not fear for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name you are mine.
(Isaiah 43:1)

The tools of my retreat day were as follows:
reading, music, walking, eating, knitting and watching part of The Passion.
I missed the input of the speaker, the singing, the stillness, the good coffee and great food,
but God spoke, which is really the point of retreat;
for me to hear him speaking.

See you tomorrow
Lots of love xx

PS One man, two guvnors was great.
It had us all laughing, which is always a bonus,
and it's free on Youtube until Wednesday night.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend