Lockdown 2: The Sequel. Day 9

My friend Anique won the award for the best idea of the day today.

It has been another funny one.

I was talking to an officer at a nearby corps this afternoon, and sharing Advent resources.

My obsession with Advent seems to be coming into it's own this year, and I'm happy to share.

We were commenting how our energy levels fluctuate at the moment. 

I seem to be either full of energy and creativity, 

or a big lump of nothing-ness.

I think it's to do with the ever-present restlessness and anxiety that Covid-19 creates.

It takes up a lot of brain space at times.


Anyway, back to my friend Anique who had a brainwave, 

just as I was completing the worship sheet for next week.

An hour later and I was at the river, entering the world of the 'dusk-dippers.'

I hadn't realised how many people, of all ages, swim as the light is fading.

What a wonderful end to the week.


I hope you've had a good day.

And if you're struggling, this comes with love and prayers for a better day tomorrow xx


'Softly the shadows fall o'er land and sea. Voices of evening call, speaking to me. 

Busy my hands this day, small time to think or pray; now at the close of day I come to thee.

Lord, 'tis your tender touch now we implore; day with its toil is done, labour is o'er; 

Now in the evening while shadows fall,

      Grant us your peace, who give to you our all."



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend