Lockdown 2: The Sequel. Day 25

Today is the first Sunday in Advent and it was a joy to share worship from home on Facebook Live.
We’ve decided to make it a feature, once a week through Advent, and maybe beyond. We’re so aware of those who are sharing with us, who can’t attend church. We can’t just stop, once we are back worshiping in the hall on a Sunday.
So hopefully we’ll stream live from the church, and from home in the week.
It’s quite exciting.

It’s quite gloomy out today, so I’m appreciating the Christmas lights.
We’re getting our Christmas things out gradually this year, so it’s lovely to have our two main Nativities out.

I’m enjoying our Advent theme: ‘How far is it to Bethlehem?’ and looking forward to journeying together. Today I’m reflecting on the ‘excess baggage’ we carry. For me, I get easily distracted by things that don’t concern me. Then the spiral begins of resentment, and anger, if I let it.

When this familiar pattern starts, I’m trying to stop it in it’s tracks, by throwing it back to Jesus. 
I can’t carry it.
I don’t have to. 

Maranatha 
Come Lord Jesus!

Pray it with me?
Lots of love xx
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1nmSrlmBwBOHWCdJKWrEyDkZvIzbOT4W6

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend