Lockdown 2: The Sequel. Day 16

Today, the part of today will be played by yesterday.
Please tell me I’m not the only one who is struggling?
It’s 3pm on Friday afternoon and I could quite happily go to bed until further notice.

The reason for this is unclear.
I got some work done last night,and this morning, that pleased me greatly.

I spent a couple of hours with my lovely Mum, who seemed remarkably well, in comparison to the last few months. We ate lovely food and had mother/daughter chats.

The M25 was clear, so I’m home in good time.
So why do I feel like a Space Cadet?

I was chatting to our chefs at the hall this morning, and I think we’re missing the things we would use to distract us when we feel like this.

The cinema, a coffee shop, a hug, a meet-up.
And it’s raining.
Again.

So here’s the deal.
I’m not going to tell myself off for ingratitude, self-absorption, or being a misery.
I’m not wallowing. I’m just being honest.

But I’m going to write three things I’m grateful for. 
Not because I should, but because I know it helps me. It shifts my perspective.

So here goes:
1. Flat whites at service stations.
2. A hug from my Mum. (Yes I know how lucky I am to have her in our bubble.)
3. Christmas lights that spark joy for me.

I hope you’ve had a good day?
If not, it’s ok.
If you’d like to join in, tell me your three things you’re grateful for. 
It might help.

Lots of love xx

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1lA_3B48X8mGsh_EzWpAIgklaGheUjnqj

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend