Lockdown 2: The Sequel. Day 7

 I never sleep well on a Tuesday night. 

I think it's a combination of old habits and late working, 

but recently it's meant I've been up and out for a sunrise swim at a local river.

This morning was no exception, and I was in Hertford before 7, listening to the birds and watching the sky transform, as I waited for my swimming buddy.

An hour or so later and I was home for toast and jam and a few cups of coffee.

Today has felt quite productive, although I still seem to have a bit of marshmallow-brain. A kind of hang-over from yesterday I think.

I was grateful to our Bandmaster, Andi who recorded the Last Post, and sent it to me at the weekend. I played it out loud as I stood, paused, and remembered at 11am. 

It's been hard trying to organise and plan the Corps Christmas Present Appeal, but I think we're ready. The vouchers are ordered, the Just-giving page is set up, so now we're hoping for generosity from people, who may well be struggling themselves. 

It's a tough one, but as with most things this year, we just do what we can, and leave the rest to the One who has it all under control. 

No. Not Santa.


Plans for Advent are afoot. My favourite time of the year. 

We wait with bated breath and eyes toward heaven to see what we can do after 1st December. 

I'm trying to take it day by day, but as I'm a bit of an Advent freak, it's a struggle to be patient. 

So far, plans for a 'Carols by Candlelight at home' are in the mix, with an overall theme of, 'Are we there yet?'

I'll keep you posted.

I hope you've had a good day.

Lots of love xx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend