Lockdown 2: The Sequel. Day 6

 Today I have mainly been feeling a little eleveno'clock-ish.

I think it's Pooh bear who coined the phrase.

I told a friend, who had never heard it before.

She said, "Do you mean you just want to drink tea and eat biscuits?"

Pretty much.

Not exactly tired, well not physically, but more mentally/emotionally.

Typically, I wanted to get loads of prep done for Advent today, and I've got nothing.


What do you do when you feel like that?

Firstly, I went for a walk. I thought I'd be inspired by Autumn colour. It was ok...

Secondly, I ate something. Healthy. I'm trying.

Thirdly, I thought about going for a swim. Then realised it was probably a bit close to sunset.

So I did a bit of yoga. Watched a bit of telly. Drank some water, and decided to write this.

Maybe I'll get some inspiration later. 


Days don't always go to plan.

In my heart, I think I knew I needed a day like today, but was trying to be disciplined.

That went well.


Maybe next time, I'll be a bit kinder to myself.

Who knows? Inspiration could strike at any moment.

And if not?

Tomorrow is another day after all.


'His compassions fail not, they are new every morning. Great is your faithfulness O Lord my God'

Lamentations 3:22-23


I hope you've had a good day.

Lots of love xx





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend