Lockdown 2: The Sequel. Day 14

A few months ago I became aware that there seemed to be a lot of false positivity around.
It bothered me that we weren’t able to express ourselves truthfully. 
We didn’t want to be letting the side down.
So, on my Facebook page, once a week, we have Whinging Wednesday.

The rules are
1. People can post three things that they want to complain about.
2. No naming of names.
3. No judgement, or one-up-manship on who has the right to moan.
4. Use the hashtag. #WhingingWednesday

It’s been fun.

Some weeks not many people post.
And others, like today, all kinds of people are sharing their complaints within seconds of the post going up.

Some days people, including myself, struggle to find three things to moan about.
And others, I get requests for three more.

Life is a bit like that at the moment.
On any given day, like today, I can swing from being bright-eyed and bushy tailed one minute,
to
“Please don’t speak to me, look at me, or breathe near me. Just bring coffee and treats at regular intervals.”

I know the value of positivity.
Martin Seligman and I are bff’s.
But sometimes, we need to tell it like it is to someone in the vicinity.
I think that’s healthy.

So today, if you’re having a whinging Wednesday or a wonderful one, it’s ok.
I see you.
God sees you.
He knows.
He’s got this.
And you.

Lots of love xx

Cast all your cares upon him, for he cares for you.
1 Peter 5:7

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1OpMsq4FbO8F3Td8OYvNeE5Q_brMK1eXY


Th

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend