Lockdown 2: The Sequel. Day 8

I’ve been thinking today about gratitude.
I’ve never worked in an industry that gets tips.
Can you imagine preaching a sermon and getting a tip at the end of it? 
Or not, as the case may be?

I was thinking more about the importance of saying thank you. 

Partly because I can be stroppy at times.
I know.
and having spent several hours at the weekend doing something to send in an email to over 60 people, I’m a bit miffed that only a handful said thank you. I know we’re busy, but...

Also because I know I can be ungrateful at times.
I forget to say thank you, especially when, in my view, people are just doing their job.
But knowing how much a word of appreciation affects me, I know I should make more of an effort.

It’s a fine line. You don’t want to become one of those people whose praise is meaningless because you go OTT all the time.
But equally, credit where credit is due. 
It’s important that people know they are appreciated.

So today’s thoughts are:
1. People can be ungrateful, but I also need to get over myself sometimes. I don’t do things for the praise. I do it to make a difference. Most of the time...

2. Who do I need to show appreciation for? A text/email/phone call can make such a difference to your day.

3. On the odd occasion when I get messages of thanks, I’m going to take a photo of it. 
Then on the days I feel unappreciated, taken for granted, or let’s face it, stroppy;
I can remember again that I am valued and loved.

Today I’m grateful for time spent with this one.
She’s been a bit poorly lately so it was good to see her laughing.

https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1r3l6PEX35OCcJfKWiBq8uuqchJUng9I8https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=18is4Y4O_fE9skECFaar9b3XC5rOFfgPe
Proof that it doesn’t take much to make an occasion special.

I hope you’ve had a good one.

Lots of love xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend