Lockdown 2: The Sequel. Day 4

 It felt like a baptism as I entered the river.

The sun was warm on my face.

The water clear.

I raised my hands and face to the sky and declared myself full of the joy of the Lord.

Then I was off. 

The water like silk on my skin. 

The temperature bracing.

Perfect. Just perfect.


This morning had been a little nerve-wracking as we broadcast our first worship from home via Facebook Live.

Harlow Salvation Army had worked hard to create a safe environment for people to meet for worship. Then after only three weeks, we were back to the drawing board, with the banning of led-services in England.


My reason for rejoicing was not because it went well, though it did I think.

Nor because of the numbers of views it has received,

but because as I leaned on my car waiting for my swimming buddy,

I became aware, again, of the goodness of God.

Of the sense of the individual parts of our church, 

all doing their thing, and still able to glorify God, even though we are apart.


And do you know what else?

This morning, as I was getting ready, a thought crossed my mind.

"Isn't it a shame we didn't do this before? We could have done live worship all this time."

But the answer to that question is actually, 

"No"


God, in the business of making all things beautiful in his time, has brought me to today.

Today, I had something to share in a way that I wasn't ready for previously.

Today, Chris was able to share the load.

Today, the goodness of God was truly 'chasing me down'.

I'm loving it.



"Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me, all the days of my life"
 

(Psalm 23)



I hope you have had a good day,

Lots of love xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend