Testosterone Towers stays at home - Day 15

We had a celebration dinner last night.
As we raised a glass of our chosen beverage, we congratulated ourselves on surviving 14 days
without killing each other.
We then tucked into an amazing toad-in-the-hole.
I shared the family recipe with Ryan.
He's a science teacher so I was as scientific as I could be...

Beat the eggs. (We used 4).
Add plain flour until the mixture becomes lumpy.
Add cold water slowly and gradually until it becomes a liquid again.
Da-da!

That combined with sausages cut in half, and partly cooked;
and very hot oil;
made the best toad-in-the-hole ever.
Mash, veg and gravy completed a celebratory meal that would be the stuff of legend in years to come.

And before I forget, regular readers will remember yesterday's connundrum.
Compassion in the time of Corona.
The answer is... (cue drum-roll)

I'm not telling you as only one lovely friend played along.
She was right, by the way, but now you'll never know.
So there!

Joel returned to work this afternoon.
and today has been one of the biggest culture shocks for me.
I naively thought after 14 days indoors, that I'd pop to the shop on the way to work.
I wanted to check up on the availability of medical supplies,
and take a treat for me and our wonderful Centre-Coordinator who has been holding the fort at the church.

I wasn't prepared for the in-the-flesh sighting of the lines of people.
The pharmacy staff taking, and bringing prescriptions, outside.
Or the eerie silence.
I bid a hasty retreat to the car and the church.

Life has changed dramatically in ways I had only caught a glimpse of over the last 14 days.
No shizzle Sherlock.

I knew.
Of course I knew.
At least I thought I did.
But I apologise to those who have faced this day after day,
while I've regaled you with tales of our isolation.

Working from home has been frustrating and liberating.
Testosterone Towers has been fraught at times, but we were all together.
For those of you who are key-workers, I am full of admiration.
I'm proud to join you today.

Again I'm convinced that
"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9
He's gonna be oh so powerful...

Hope you've had a good one.

Lots of love xx


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend