Self-Isolation in Testosterone Towers - Day 2

We’d decided to let everyone sleep this morning.
General guidelines are that you should establish a routine but that can wait.

I had a real sense of overwhelm this morning.
Everything seemed so alien at home,
I had no interest in making decisions for anyone else.

Recent years have taught me to accept how I feel for the moment,
so I made tea for us,
went back to bed,
and looked at Twitter on my phone.

Big mistake.
Huge.
The overwhelm train had left the station,
and was well on the way to despair.

After a few minutes I decided to get up,
shower and dress.
I sent a text to my DL saying that today I was concentrating on
getting organised at home,
and I’d think about work tomorrow.

I then convened a family planning meeting at 1pm.
(Still not that sort...)
Attendance was compulsory.
Snacks would be provided.

It was interesting ...
We agreed lots of things:

Binge-watching was allowed but not in the main living room.
Communal TV was to be agreed by the majority.
(Mum has final word.)

Everyone was happy to cook.
We listed all the food in the freezer and cupboards.
We have enough for 10days without having to get creative.
We decided to get creative first, before the novelty wore off.

The garden office is a No-Talking Zone.
We would play games as required.
The ‘No playing football in the garden’ rule would still stand.
(There’s a field nearby)
Mum would put craft activities together,
including colouring and painting.
(This was hi-lar-ious apparently)

We all agreed to eat dinner together at 6-ish
followed by a film.

Daisy would need walking so there would be a rota.
If Mum thought it necessary we all have to go.
No exceptions.

We will have Christmas Day one day.
Pancake day another.

Following the meeting we had a mass clean up.
Clearing the decks seemed a good idea.
It was.

Scented candles and sage were burning
as we waited for the Government Announcements at 5pm.
The news affecting education was significant
as one son is doing his A levels,
and one teaches.
It’s hard not to speculate on Social Media, but we try.

Chris has been quite poorly today.
However when I sent a secret message to the leadership team
asking them to contact me in the first instance,
I discovered he’d secretly been working.
Preparing for a funeral he really wants to do next week.
He’d spoken to them on the phone.
He received a stern reprimand.

Dinner was left-over-beef and veg,
potatoes in their skins,
mushrooms, tomatoes, cucumber and apple.
And... hard-boiled eggs
(Told you we were being creative)
The film was Harry Potter 1.

Highlights of the day were:
A bag of goodies from friends including
Ginger root I’d requested.
Bread, sweets and loo roll,
And...
A unicorn cushion kit, a colouring book and pencils
I know!

A phone chat with Mum in the garden.
A bird singing its heart out.
Craft supplies from friends and a chat on the doorstep.

The day ends much better than it began.

With love x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend