Self-Isolation in Testosterone Towers - Day 13

Those of you that attend our church will know we often have a 'hands-up'
at some point during our services.
So here's one for today.

Hands up if you're wondering if you've washed your hands enough today?
Hands up if you've commented on the weather at least three times?
Hands up if you secretly enjoyed being able to go to church in your pyjamas?

I woke fairly early this morning after a night of very vivid dreams.
I dream a lot anyway, and over the last few weeks they seem to be increasing in their weirdness.
Last night's involved pacifying a hairdresser,
waiting for a table in an empty restaurant,
and being late for the theatre.
I suspect my brain has a lot to process overnight.

Today has been quite relaxed.
I'm trying to make a note of the things I have done when the day seems to go well.
One of the things that definitely helps is being outside in one form or another..
We dodged the snow-showers this morning,
and thanks to technology we were able to share our walk with my Mum at home.

During Advent last year I did some art-journalling with prompts from a video.
One of the things I discovered I love is painting.
If you're imagining beautiful water-colours, don't.
I like to paint like a toddler.
Splodges, sponges and clashing colours are the order of the day.

The key for me is being involved in the process,
and not worrying about the finished-project.
I spent a happy twenty minutes lost in the moment.
The key colours were blue, green and yellow.
No prizes for guessing what I'm missing...

As I splodged and painted, I began to think about connectedness.
The importance of links to each other, however tenuous;
and ensuring that no-one gets left behind.

It can be a bit daunting seeing everyone's worship videos today.
I haven't watched many, for that reason, but at the moment, for me, less is definitely more.
Thank you to those who speak to my heart through your 'ordinariness'.
They resound with sincerity and truth, and remind me that God uses all we offer to him.

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my strength is made perfect in weakness."
2 Corinthians 12:9

The other occupants of Testosterone Towers have had a quiet one today;
Largely doing their own thing apart from meeting up for lunch,
and agreeing on Aladdin for tonight's film after dinner.
Allocated jobs are hoovering, cooking dinner, and cleaning the handles.
Hopefully they'll be completed before bedtime.

Have a good one.

Lots of love xx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend