Self-isolation in Testosterone Towers Day 3

Well that escalated quickly!
If you missed the update, here's the link
https://karensandford.blogspot.com/2020/03/day-2-update.html

After last night's shenanigans, we got a few hours sleep.

Today has been a sobering one in many ways.
Understandably we are all a bit flat.
Partly because of lack of sleep.
Partly because the news came out about not sitting exams.

It's the strangest thing.
It's hard to see teenagers so upset about their school life coming to an end so abruptly.
It affects our family too.

Work was quite consuming today.
Lots of questions,
conversations,
decisions to make.
I'm grateful for a team who are pro-active,
offer a listening ear,
remind me that I need to take care,
and deliver goodies.

I called it a day mid-afternoon and celebrated with a nap.
Like most people, we don't have the luxury of a big house,
so we still breathe each other's air,
we don't have a spare bed,
so we still share.

Ryan was chef tonight.
A wonderful pasta dish with a nice kick to it.
It was followed by Harry Potter no.2.
They know it so well, they're saying the dialogue before the characters,
It's a teeny-weeny bit annoying, but you know I don't like to complain.
Chris is watching it at the same time in a separate room.
I expect he's dozing off as we speak.

Highlights today were
1. A short but lovely walk with Daisy.
2. The kindness of friends.
3. Feeling loved and supported.
4. Playing uplifting songs during the 12 noon call to prayer.
Today's were: And can it be. Stand in your love.

As I was writing, Nathan received good news from his chosen Uni.
We made quite a lot of noise.
Well when I say 'we', I mean me.
We might have also relaxed social distancing for a few seconds.
Me again.
It was good to have something to celebrate.

We've also had two video calls tonight.
Physically seeing people to chat makes a huge difference.
We laughed.

Psalm 46 was on my mind today.
God.
An ever-present help in time of trouble.
Not just a concept for us, but reality.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend