Self-Isolation in Testosterone Towers-Day 12

Saturday is usually fairly routine around here.
I get up first to meet Team Pants for a swim in the local lake.
Joel is usually working.
Chris and Nathan are often at the West Ham game.
Ryan and Megan are usually here or at her house,
And Saturday night is Take Away night.
There are usually some things to be finalised for Sunday worship too.

I missed my swim desperately today.
It’s been almost two weeks since my last one,
and for me it’s benefits are threefold:
1. A laugh with friends.
2. The exercise
3.  Improved mental health.

I’m a teeny bit concerned about the long-term effects
if this goes on for a long time.
I’m sure everyone has something they feel the same about.
I haven’t yet resorted to a cold bath
or the paddling pool in the garden,
but there’s time yet.

Yesterday the boys were working out in the garden.
We don’t have gym equipment at home
so they had to improvise with garden chairs,
bags of firewood, the hose on it’s reel,
a punctured football and my yoga mat.
It was fun to watch.

Today’s lunch was chicken and veg soup.
I boiled up the chicken carcass from yesterday’s dinner
then added odds and ends of veg.
It was very tasty, but I think the boys might prefer it
if I removed all of the bones next time.
We had fun playing, ‘What’s in the soup?’
I enjoyed it anyway.

Tomorrow’s worship has gone up on Facebook
and been delivered to homes today.
I decided against a video, though that may come,
and I have yet to work out Zoom.
I wanted everyone to be able to share in worship together,
especially those who have no clue about social media.
That may change but I think it’s the right decision for now.

So now as the day draws to a close we’re looking forward to a curry
from our local Take-Away.

I haven’t felt great today.
I’ve noticed that one by one we all have a bad day.
Maybe today is my turn.

With that in mind I’m avoiding Facebook
now until after the weekend.
It’s a life-line for some, and I understand that,
it is for me sometimes, .
Often.
I’ll still post on my blog though.

I hope your day has been ok?
Has the first weekend of staying home made the circumstances even more real?
I’m praying for you
And me.

Lots of love xx

PS Today I learned that a cafetière and a French press are one and the same.
AND
I can talk to four people on a WhatsApp video call.

Every day’s a school day.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend