Self-Isolation in T.T - Day 8

The sun rose bright and early over Testosterone Towers this morning.
We have been in self-isolation for a week now
so we celebrated with a family planning meeting.
(You know, by now...)

We fine-tuned a few things.
During the announcements we said how nice it was
to have Chris in the meeting.
(Cue round of applause)
He thanked everyone for their prayers and good wishes.
Then we all had a drink and something to eat.
It was all quite familiar really.

Chris and I ventured out to walk Daisy.
Chris’s first time outside in over a week.
He’s had a couple of coughing fits today.
It was a little worrying when we are looking out for breathing difficulties,
but he was ok.
The main one was self-induced as he was being silly in the meeting.

Work for me has been mainly pastoral,
and most of it by phone.
We were due to be doing a funeral today.
We had every confidence in the people who stood in for us,
and it was lovely to phone and tell them that,
and pray with them before they went.

I felt better today,
But wilted about an hour ago.
I need to make sure I’m not overdoing it in these early days.

I’ve limited time on social media the last few days.
Maybe you have too?
I think comparison could become an issue if we’re not careful.

I heard someone preach a long time ago,
“Do the ordinary well,
and be ready for the critical-moment (defining/important moment).“
They are my words to live by,
and I think they might come into their own.

Let’s do what we can do and be satisfied with that.
Above all, love.
Everything else will fall into place.

Lots of love
xx

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend