Self Isolation in TT - Day 10

It’s early afternoon in Testosterone Towers.
I’ve felt a bit out of sorts for the last 24hrs, so I haven’t ventured further
than the distance between the bathroom and my bed.

The main issue seems to be aching limbs,
fatigue,
and a headache that comes and goes.

I’ve watched an episode of The Crown
but struggled to keep my eyes open.
I remembered that Audible have released some free books.
The ones I have, took a bit too much concentration.
Although the free titles are for children,
there are also some classics.
Those that know me well, will not be surprised to learn
I’ve been drifting in and out of sleep,
listening to
Winnie the Pooh volume 1.
It’s familiarity is oddly comforting.

Life in Testosterone Towers is continuing much as expected.
Chris took Daisy out this morning.
It was his first solo-walk since before this began.
It was wonderful to see all the good wishes
in response to his photo yesterday.
In the absence of testing,
we’re as sure as we can be that he has had COVID19.
Certainly the way it progressed, and the fatigue that remains, point to it.
Maybe it helps to see someone recovering?

The sunshine and brightness streaming in,
continue to help enormously.

Highlights today have been:
1. A spotless bathroom.
Nathan was on the case yesterday.
2. The visits and waves from Chris and the boys.
3. Messaging with Lorraine, our Centre--Coordinator.
Plans are afoot for a revision of the dance routine from High School Musical;
Specifically “We’re all in this together!”

I don’t doubt that some people feel the lack of this more than others.
I intended to phone some people today, but have decided against it.
Maybe you could instead?

Lots of love xx

PS I just had a burst of energy and wrote the message for our
Church worship sheet for Sunday.
That’s a load off my mind.






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

20 years of ministry

Five Minute Friday: Song

Five Minute Friday: Friend